This recipe is just so quick and full of flavor that I had to document it. While I am a vegetarian, my husband and daughters (one of them is a year old, by the way) thoroughly enjoyed this herby fish.
I love this recipe because it literally takes 5 mins to make the marinade, while your oven is pre-heating! This baked salmon is crispy on the outside and so flaky and juicy on the inside, it just falls off! I made some asparagus in garlic lemon butter to go with it and it was just perfect. You can also make some fried rice or pasta tossed in olive oil and sea salt to make it more hearty for the kids. I love this Instant Pot Brown Fried Rice recipe.
Salmon has an excellent nutrition profile and we try to eat it once in 10 days. It is very high in Omega-3 fatty acids that are essential for our body and play a critical role in lowering the chances of many diseases. Since it is such an oily fish, it hardly dries out in the oven, so it is perfect for little kids as well.Print
Flavorful salmon that is crispy on the outside and super tender and flaky on the inside. Minimum prep
time that makes it a perfect weeknight meal
- 1½ lbs Salmon, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 cup roughly chopped Cilantro (including the stems)
- 1 cup roughly chopped scallions
- ½ tbsp Garlic
- ½ tbsp Ginger
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Jalapeno, coarsely chopped (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients listed under Marinade in your food processor and whiz until it emulsifies and resembles a marinade.
- You can add a little water or oil to make it spreadable.
- Grease your baking pan or dish and line the salmon fillets (skin side down).
- Pour the marinade over the fillets and generously coat the top and the sides.
- If you have the time, cover and let it sit at room temperature for 20 mins for the flavors to absorb better.
- Pop the salmon into the oven for 12 mins or until the fish is flaking easily.
- Broil for 2 mins to let the marinade dry out a bit and get the top nice and crispy.
- Serve immediately by itself, or with a side . If you have leftover marinade, you can use it as a dipping sauce as well.
- I use the Ninja Chopper as my food processor. It is really amazing.
- If you are preparing the salmon more than 20 mins in advance, then you can just keep the marinated salmon in the fridge until you are ready to pop it into the oven.
- I have not tried this marinade with any other fish, but my guess would be that it will taste still amazing. You will just need to adjust the baking time.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: baked salmon, asian salmon, oven baked herb salmon, salmon with greens, fish recipes, quick easy fish recipe, easy 400 salmon recipe